Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Neighborhood

It's hot here and about to get hotter.
Some of the plants don't mind the heat and in fact, seem to thrive in it.




As a kid, I only knew these as "freeway plants" as they were used on the "freeway" near our house.

Never occurred to me that they would have an actual name...or that it wasn't freeway plants.

















 These are growing in abundance in the back yard.  It's taken a while, but they're finally blooming.








My travels around the back yard lead me to the front yard, which isn't anywhere close to the backyard as far as aesthetics ...  so I went over to the neighbor's.






Ahhh, the pretties I found!









I love yellow roses!






It was getting later in the evening when I got out that far, so the lighting was nice.







I have no idea what these are, but they're so sweet hanging over the balcony!









They're so sweet and just remind me of summer!






So, now I'm on a quest to find other beautiful things in my 


neighborhood!







No comments:

Post a Comment